Sunday, February 08, 2009
Tyler - Summer road trip with Rich
I flew Tyler into Dallas after I graduated from tech school for the Air Guard so we could spend some time together on my drive home. I was bummed because his flight out of Denver was delayed into Dallas. I'd planned on taking him to a Texas Rangers baseball game that night. We did stop at Texas Motor Speedway the next day to watch some qualifying for the NASCAR Truck Series - they are very, very loud. Did I say they were loud? We, also, went to the old and new Texas Stadiums (Dallas Cowboys) and Arlington Park which is home to the Rangers.
On to Colorado - we checked out the Air Force Academy which is absolutely beautiful (those are some lucky cadets) and made up for missing the Rangers game in Texas by watching a Rockies game in Denver. We checked out the Broncos stadium, too.
On to Utah - this time it was soccer. We stopped and watched a Real Salt Lake (major league soccer) game.
I have to say this was one of the best road trips I've had and I can't imagine a better opportunity to spend time with Tyler. I hope we'll be able to have more trips like this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment