I told Rich that we would need to trade mother's day and father's day this year. This is how it went: Rich went to bed Sat. night burning up, but feeling freezing cold. He woke up the same way and spend the next 3 days in bed. So I fixed breakfast and got the three of us off to church. Came home early to drop the boys off at home so I could go to a memorial for a patient from work. Made sure Braden was down for a nap, Connor had a movie in, and Rich had lunch before I left. Came home and took the boys over to Rich's parents for Mother's Day. Luckily I didn't have to make dinner, Masayo did. We visited and did some yard work for her for mother's Day. Then I dropped the boys off and made sure Braden was in Bed before I headed off to work again. This time to meet with a family who's mother was actively dying. I did think to myself that I would take my mother's day anyday compared to that families Mother's Day. On the 40 min. drive home at 10:30 at night I realized I hadn't called my own mother. Had a nice conversation with her and I instantly went to bed when I got home. The next day Connor took me outside (with my eyes closed) to show me the wonderful bird feeder they had gotten me for the yard. Connor had also told me many times that day Happy Mother's Day and that he loved me. I know Rich had many plans for breakfast, dinner, and a nice day. Sorry it was such a bummer for him.
Oh and by the way if you can't tell by the baby count down (wish it wasn't such a scary picture) we are expecting again around November 8th. That makes any Mother's Day extra special.
2 comments:
Yay for babies!!! Congrats:)
Congrats, so excited for you, I think if my 3 child wasn't such a suprize we would probably be having another child the same time you are, we were on the same track when it comes to having babies and I messed that all up. Anyways I am so excited for you and hope you are doing well. 3 Kids is a blast!
Post a Comment