Saturday, April 13, 2013

It is not yet the end

I like quotes, but I don't cling to many. I heard one tonight while watching a movie that provoked many thoughts. Here it is;
"Everything will be alright in the end. So if it is not alright, it is not yet the end."
It lead me on a thankfulness journey more than anything. Thankful for a husband who is across the country going to school so that he can provide for his family. A choice we made that we might not have if we had to do it again. I know I have my many complaints of raising 3 rambunctious boys and working full-time. I also know how lucky I am to be around those 3 boys and feel their hugs and kisses each day, while Rich is studying hard and alone with only pictures of us to look at and voices to comfort him at a great distance.
There are many days when I do not feel everything is alright and then I think of those who do not have the support of a husband to at least talk to on the phone who gives great advice on how to get three boys into bed in under 1 1/2 hours. Then I am grateful to have such a good husband and I wish I could do more for those who are single parents as I feel some of their pain of being "it."
I am thankful for the great friends who check in on me and those who offer to take a kid or two for a bit. Or those that I call needing help ASAP and they say yes.
I am thankful for a mom who watches kids more than I am sure she wants to and I know she is tired of 3 noisy kids when she locks herself in her bedroom.
I am thankful for these three boys: Connor who is constantly the detective or spy in our house. Who seems to always be smiling and loves life to the fullest.
Braden who is quiet one moment and then crazy silly the next. Who I am sure will work with sea animals someday as his favorite show is Shark Week and he could go to the Boise Aquarium daily and never get tired.
Andrew who there are not enough words to explain. He strives to keep up with his older brothers and doesn't let anything stop him. Who loves food so much that he has taken to eating spilled popcorn out of the grass and spilled Nerds off the kitchen floor(Luckily it was our friends popcorn that was fresh from the snack stand or it would have been very difficult to pull him away).
And this man that will soon be home for the summer and then will be so hard to let go back to school in the fall. Luckily he will be done after the fall semester and we get to have him back for good.
That is when I will know it is the end, as everything will be alright.

2 comments:

jayna said...

What a sweet post! You are an inspiration Julie!!

Kristy said...

Thanks for posting this. Just knowing you understand what it feels like to be a single mother is all you need to know. Having someone realize how hard it is helps me feel better sometimes when it's a hard day. I am so happy that you have such a great guy in your life to help you. The time will go by faster then you will know, just take it one day at a time.