Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Green Days

Connor is usually a "green day" child - meaning he had a good day at daycare. Sometimes he's yellow, and very rarely is he red. It really bothers Connor to get a red day. He's okay with yellow days and he's always excited about his green days.

Last night - Julie and I were at the gym and had Connor and Braden in the gym's nursery while we worked out. Connor loves this nursery and usually doesn't want to leave. Last night was especially difficult to get Connor to leave. "I'm not going home, Dad." This turned into a tantrum in the nursery, in the car and continued for a bit at home. So I told Connor the green day he had at daycare was turning into a red day at home. He said, "No, I had a green day, Dad". And I said "You had a green day at daycare, but I'm giving you a red day for how you're behaving now".

Connor lowered his chin and said "That makes me sad, Dad".

(Don't worry - we're still best buds and Connor finished the night in a green status.)

No comments: