We had a good holiday feasting on the bird and ham. We spent the evening with Julie's sister and her family. It was nice to have time together without our busy work schedules interfering. We took part in the holiday shopping blitz for the first time this year, too. Our mall opened up at 1am on Friday. It was a big marketing promotion and the first year our mall opened this early. I wasn't tired and decided to check it out. Julie and Connor went to bed so I went it alone - which was for the best. I figured there would be a couple hundred crazy people like myself there to check out the holiday deals, but I didn't expect thousands of people. Apparently neither did the mall. I got to the mall at 12:50am and already the entire parking lot was full and every entrance had lines stretching around the corners. Our mall isn't gigantic, but it certainly isn't small. It was totally outrageous. The police had to be called for crowd control. I have to say that it was kind of fun (because I waited to go inside until after the rush), but not worth doing again. I stood in line for an hour to make my purchases for Connor at The Children's Store. I got home at 3am, then Julie got up at 5am to do her round. She said she went to Target first, but quickly left as the crowd was crazy. Overall, we scored some good deals, but I don't think we'll be doing it again - besides - where's the spirit of Christmas in all this?
Thanks for the baby name suggestions that we have received so far. We haven't decided on anything yet, but so far Julie likes Braden...and I like what she likes (if I'm smart).
Happy Holidays to everyone!!!!
1 comment:
Julie-i went shopping after thxgiving too...crazy....I didn't do the mall but i heard it was crazy. I got one thing at Circuit City and totally pulled the pregnancy card any possible way that I could. I need to milk this as much as I can...i mean i only have 3 wks. left. Talk to you soon. emily
Post a Comment