Monday, June 02, 2008

Finally, the sun is setting on Texas and I'm coming home!



My training in Texas is over Wednesday morning. I finally get to go home. I have enjoyed my stay, but I miss my family. I got to see a lot of Texas, and I think it's a pretty fine place, but it's not anything like the beauty of Idaho! I'm anxious to get home to Julie and the little guys, but I'm taking the opportunity to fly my oldest son, Tyler, down to Dallas on Wednesday evening and he will accompany me on my journey home. It means a couple extra days on the road, but it's going to be a good time. We'll catch a soccer game and a couple of baseball games along the way and we'll just have some fun. It's just one of those father-son trips that all guys should have; and since Tyler lives with his mom I'm really looking forward to this trip with him. But the best part will be when I see that Boise City Limits sign.

(I do love the sunsets in Texas - I took these photos on the highway towards Lubbock)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. Your getting the hang of the new camera. We look forward to seeing you also. Drive safe, have fun with Tyler, and we will be waiting on the doorstep to see you. love you, Julie and the boys.