Also, we wanted to add a couple of cute pictures of Connor taken this evening. He is being such a sweet big brother and still knows how to charm us. We are working hard to be sure he doesn't feel left out in all the attention of his new baby brother.
Friday, April 04, 2008
It's official....
We traded the beautiful 2006 Subaru Outback I bought for Julie's birthday for this lovely 2004 Honda Odyssey. Yes, we have a minivan...which officially declares us a family. Or instead of a minivan, we have a MAV (as my buddy Cory likes to call it) - a Mormon Assault Vehicle. We tried for one week to carry the two boys in the back seat of the Subaru. I had to sit right on the steering wheel when Connor was sitting behind me in the Subie, and the handle on Braden's car seat wouldn't click in its locked position because it would hit the passenger seat. Julie only needed once to try and sit between the boys in the middle of the seat, which wasn't too safe or comfortable. So we had to say goodbye to cool and sporty car that symbolized our adventureous nature and say hello to the "we'll see you at the soccer field", safe and dependable people hauler. Mind you, we're not complaining. The Honda is actually pretty sweet - I mean, power sliding doors - Come on! That's cool. And it has lots of room..., and cup holders. And we can stretch our legs out. So good-bye ol' Subie - we will miss you.
Also, we wanted to add a couple of cute pictures of Connor taken this evening. He is being such a sweet big brother and still knows how to charm us. We are working hard to be sure he doesn't feel left out in all the attention of his new baby brother.


Also, we wanted to add a couple of cute pictures of Connor taken this evening. He is being such a sweet big brother and still knows how to charm us. We are working hard to be sure he doesn't feel left out in all the attention of his new baby brother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Welcome to the world of "mormon assault vehicles." I love my minivan and it sounds like you guys are coming around too!
Oh brother. I am soooo not riding with you next time I come to visit. I thought the station wagon was bad but now you've really done it. What a couple of NERDS!
(Just kidding!)
Congrats on the new purchase!
Stacy
Wow! I found you through Cristi's blog!! That's so cool that you have two boys, Braden and connor are adorable and you look like a pro, Jules! I remember us being kids and riding horses or going for a run once and awhile! You are an amazing lady and momma!
Check us out once and while
thechristianclan.blogspot.com
and my fun mommy blog
mommasassy.blogspot.com
~Corrine
Post a Comment